This week we head away from the sunshine for a winter walk in the park. And where better for a seasonal stroll than the romantic centrepiece of New York City? The Big Apple has given us more than its fair share of incredible music, so this one could’ve been a hundred songs long… Here are just ten essentials: songs to the city, songs of love, songs for frosty mornings and crisp afternoons; folk-rock to doo-wop, icy strings to brittle beats.
Playlist 4: Music for a Winter Walk in Central Park, NYC
- The Velvet Underground – “Sunday Morning”
- Simon & Garfunkel – “The Boxer”
- Television – “Venus”
- Bobby Womack – “Across 110th Street”
- Alicia Keys – “You Don’t Know My Name”
- Joni Mitchell – “Chelsea Morning”
- Blondie – “In The Flesh”
- John Coltrane – “Central Park West”
- Frankie Lymon & The Teenagers – “Why Do Fools Fall In Love?”
- A Tribe Called Quest – “Electric Relaxation”
Here’s a handful of clips of romantic New York classics…
Got any favourite NY winter walking songs to add? Any suggestions for future lists? We’d love it if you joined in…let us know in the comments below.