We're getting in a cab (or hopping on the tube) for a night out at the best bars in town. Our journey through the bright lights is soundtracked by some moody, after dark numbers that capture the cool, cosmopolitan vibe and reflect the feel of the city at night. We begin with an obvious, all-time London classic, but after that, as the cocktails keep coming, things get a little more hazy...
Playlist 11: Late Night London
- The Kinks – "Waterloo Sunset"
- Nick Drake – "At The Chime Of A City Clock"
- Goldfrapp – "Black Cherry"
- Bert Jansch & Jon Renbourn – "Soho”
- Dusty Springfield – "What Are You Doing The Rest Of Your Life?"
- The Cinematic Orchestra – "All Things To All Men"
- Saint Etienne – "Girl VII"
- The Bug – "You & Me"
- Pulp – "Bar Italia"
- The Ballistic Brothers – "Soho Cab Ride"
This playlist was inspired by our Barfly's Guide To London. If you like this, you might also enjoy a night out in California with our After Hours L.A. playlist. If you're into caffeine as much as cocktails, also check out our guide to London's Best Coffee Shops.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.
About the author: andrewAndrew Bowman
Andrew is an occasional contributor to the Virgin Atlantic blog. He lived in the Japanese countryside for two years until he could no longer resist the pull of London's galleries, pubs and clubs. He likes to pretend he can speak Japanese and also sometimes writes about music.