Long known for our dedication to providing customers with inimitable service in the sky, our new domestic service Virgin Atlantic Little Red is taking entertainment to new heights this summer, as we launch Little Red LIVE – a line-up of live in-flight entertainment at 30,000 feet – available exclusively to lucky passengers travelling on Little Red flights.
Little Red LIVE kicks off by getting into the spirit of the hugely popular Edinburgh Fringe Festival with some of the freshest talent performing exclusive live stand up in the sky before they land and take the stage in Edinburgh. Acts will be announced soon through Virgin Atlantic’s Facebook and Twitter channels, but flight details will remain a secret – making this a truly one of a kind experience.
And for those who miss out, Virgin Atlantic will be bringing a touch of Little Red to the Fringe itself, with sponsorship of Venue 150 @ EICC – one of the festival’s largest venues with some of the event’s biggest names.
Then, in September Little Red LIVE will be back with a series of secret acoustic music gigs, paying homage to the rich music scenes in Scotland and Manchester.
See a show on us
To celebrate our involvement with the Fringe, we're offering five pairs of tickets to some of Venue 150's most hotly-anticipated upcoming shows, including Ed Byrne, Daniel Sloss and the Big C Comedy Gala. If you're in Edinburgh during the next couple of weeks and want to get your hands on a pair, keep a close eye on our Twitter page over the next few days for more details. We'll be tweeting exactly how you can be in with a chance (clue: sharpen up your 140-character comedy skills!) – just don't forget to read the terms and conditions at the bottom of this post.
If you're lucky enough to be in town this summer, you'll be aware that Edinburgh is entering festival frenzy. But don't forget to explore more of what this beautiful city has to offer. Take time between the shows and parties to taste some of the country's top Scotch in these whisky tasting venues, take a browse through Edinburgh's best design stores, or uncover the city's best alfresco art. If you've got time, you could even venture further afield and discover the best of the Highlands and beyond on a Scottish island-hopping holiday. The world – or Scotland, at least – is your oyster.
Red hot service
Bringing a splash of red to the skies, Sir Richard Branson’s Little Red service flies from London Heathrow six times daily to Edinburgh, three times daily to Aberdeen as well as four daily round-trips between Manchester and Heathrow.
Aside from the stellar line-up of entertainment, Little Red continues to offer the customer service Virgin Atlantic is world-renowned for, plus a free checked-in baggage allowance of 23kg, free carriage of sports equipment, pre-assigned seating, complimentary snacks and drinks and even hot breakfasts on early morning flights. Tyrrells has created special Little Red ‘Plane crisps’ made from miniature potatoes, Bacardi Martini offer a variety of exclusive miniature spirits and Scotland’s favourite soft drink, Irn Bru is available on the flights to and from Scotland.
“We launched Virgin Atlantic Little Red to shake up domestic flying in the UK and this latest activity highlights why our customer service is second to none," said Richard Branson, President of Virgin Atlantic. "In true Virgin Atlantic spirit we’re doing something a little different and providing our passengers with a line-up of gigs to ensure we offer a truly unforgettable flying experience on Little Red.”
To book flights or find out more information visit Virgin Atlantic Little Red today.
Ticket Giveaway Terms & Conditions
1) The giveaway will offer two tickets to one of a selection of upcoming comedy shows at Venue 150 in the EICC, Edinburgh.
2) The giveaway closes when all five pairs of tickets have been allocated.
3) The winners will be selected at our discretion and notified by email, phone or Direct Message in advance of the specified show.
4) Each giveaway is valid for two tickets to see a specified show at the EICC during w/c 5th August 2013 or w/c 12th August 2013.
5) Anyone can enter the giveaway but the recipient and their party are responsible for their own travel arrangements to Edinburgh. Travel costs and arrangements will not be provided by Virgin Atlantic Airways.
6) It is assumed that by entering giveaways which, if won, could result in time off work, your employer is in agreement to time off.
7) The giveaway is non-transferable, non-negotiable and no cash alternatives will be offered.
8) Virgin Atlantic reserves the right to substitute the prize for another prize of equal value.
9) No purchase is necessary to enter the giveaway unless otherwise stated on the promotional activity.
10) By entering the giveaway, the entrant agrees to be bound by the rules and by any other requirements set out in the promotional material accompanying the promotion.
12) By entering the giveaway, the recipient consents to any publicity generated as a result of the promotion, and its use on websites, magazines or mobile services at any time.
13) This giveaway is open to anyone aged 16 or over, except employees of Virgin Atlantic, the promoter and their immediate families, the promoters’ advertising agency and sales promotion consultancy, and anyone else connected with the creation and administration of the promotion.
14) All food, beverages and other sundries are the responsibility of the recipient and guests.
15) The Sites’ Editors’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16) Spammers will be disqualified.
17) Virgin Atlantic will not accept responsibility for loss through technical fault, incomplete, illegible or other damaged entries. Proof of entry is not automatically proof of receipt.
18) The giveaway is held by Virgin Atlantic Airways, The Base, Fleming Way, Crawley, RH10 9LX, UK or the promoter, as stated.
19) Details of the ticket recipients can be obtained by sending a SAE marked Edinburgh Ticket Giveaway, Virgin Atlantic Airways, The Base, Fleming Way, Crawley, RH10 9LX, within 21 days of the closing date of the promotion.
20) Where Virgin Atlantic Airways runs a giveaway with a promoter such that the promoter is responsible for the selection and/or the provision of prizes then Virgin Atlantic Airways shall not be responsible for or have any liability for the provision of such prizes.
21) These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in.
About the author: MaxineMaxine Sheppard
Maxine is the editor of the Virgin Atlantic blog. Travel and music are her joint first loves, and despite having written for Virgin for more years than she cares to remember she still loves nothing more than jumping on a plane in search of new sights and new sounds.