- Print this page
- Share page
Home or away, wherever you are this Christmas, we're sending a huge musical thank you for your support this year. This week's playlist is a special selection of festive favourites, avoiding the tunes you'll hear hundreds of times on the radio. So heat up the mulled wine, get saucy with Santa and Mae West, indulge in some classic Christmas rapping from Run DMC and unwrap and rock out with James Brown and Girls Aloud. MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Playlist 6: Music to open presents to
- Marvin Gaye – "Purple Snowflakes"
- Low – "Just Like Christmas"
- James Brown – "Go Power At Christmas Time"
- Mae West – "Santa Come Up To See Me"
- Lord Beginner – "Christmas Morning, the Rum Had Me Yawning"
- The Fall – "Hark The Herald Angels Sing"
- Run DMC – "Christmas In Hollis"
- Saint Etienne – "I Was Born On Christmas Day"
- Iggy Pop – "White Christmas"
- Girls Aloud – "I Wanna Kiss You So (Christmas In A Nutshell)"
And here are a few clips to set things off, including the Cocteau Twins’ "Winter Wonderland" a firm favourite that didn’t make our Spotify playlist.
Did we miss any of your faves? Got any suggestions for future lists? We’d love it if you joined in…let us know in the comments below.
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in.
About the author: andrewAndrew Bowman
Andrew is an occasional contributor to the Virgin Atlantic blog. He lived in the Japanese countryside for two years until he could no longer resist the pull of London's galleries, pubs and clubs. He likes to pretend he can speak Japanese and also sometimes writes about music.