Inspired by our Barfly's Guide to Los Angeles this week, we're taking a moonlit musical journey into the underbelly of LA. This is a world of speakeasy style bars, cocktails and city secrets. For our soundtrack we’re taking some moody West Coast-themed and LA-associated tracks: jazz, soul and rock 'n' roll for after hours in the City of Angels.
Playlist 8. After Hours Los Angeles
- Chet Baker – "My Funny Valentine"
- Joni Mitchell – "The Hissing Of Summer Lawns"
- The Doors – "Moonlight Drive"
- The Kinks – "Celluloid Heroes"
- David McCallum – "The Edge"
- Bill Withers – "Who Is He (And What Is He To You)?"
- The Rolling Stones – "The Under Assistant West Coast Promotion Man"
- Terry Callier – "Sunset Boulevard"
- The Flying Burrito Brothers – "Sin City"
- Tom Waits – "The Ghosts Of Saturday Night"
And here are some of video clips to kick things off:
Virgin Atlantic operate daily flights to Los Angeles from London Heathrow – check out our website for the very best deals on fares.
What makes a good travel playlist? Got any suggestions for future lists? We'd love it if you joined in…so please let us know in the comments below.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.
About the author: andrewAndrew Bowman
Andrew is an occasional contributor to the Virgin Atlantic blog. He lived in the Japanese countryside for two years until he could no longer resist the pull of London's galleries, pubs and clubs. He likes to pretend he can speak Japanese and also sometimes writes about music.