This week we head away from the sunshine for a winter walk in the park. And where better for a seasonal stroll than the romantic centrepiece of New York City? The Big Apple has given us more than its fair share of incredible music, so this one could’ve been a hundred songs long... Here are just ten essentials: songs to the city, songs of love, songs for frosty mornings and crisp afternoons; folk-rock to doo-wop, icy strings to brittle beats.
Playlist 4: Music for a Winter Walk in Central Park, NYC
- The Velvet Underground – "Sunday Morning"
- Simon & Garfunkel – "The Boxer"
- Television – "Venus"
- Bobby Womack – "Across 110th Street"
- Alicia Keys – "You Don't Know My Name"
- Joni Mitchell – "Chelsea Morning"
- Blondie – "In The Flesh"
- John Coltrane – "Central Park West"
- Frankie Lymon & The Teenagers – "Why Do Fools Fall In Love?"
- A Tribe Called Quest – "Electric Relaxation"
Here’s a handful of clips of romantic New York classics...
Got any favourite NY winter walking songs to add? Any suggestions for future lists? We'd love it if you joined in...let us know in the comments below.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.
About the author: andrewAndrew Bowman
Andrew is an occasional contributor to the Virgin Atlantic blog. He lived in the Japanese countryside for two years until he could no longer resist the pull of London's galleries, pubs and clubs. He likes to pretend he can speak Japanese and also sometimes writes about music.