We're thrilled to bring the sexy spirit of New York City to London with this fabulous opportunity for a lucky reader and three friends to win a Sex in the City afternoon tea at Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill where every dish has been created with either Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte or Miranda in mind.
Win a Sex and the City Par-Tea plus overnight stay
Enjoying a prime position among the smart streets of Marylebone and just minutes from central London's famous shopping areas of Oxford Street and Bond Street, the Churchill is a luxury hotel with everything a devoted fashionista could possibly need, and our winners will have the chance to experience it all at their leisure as the prize also includes an overnight stay.
After pounding the pavements and hitting up the nearby exclusive boutiques of Soho in the morning, bring your bags back to base and take a window-side table in The Montagu, the Churchill's relaxed and spacious restaurant overlooking the pretty gardens of a central London square. Follow in the footsteps of our four favourite Manhattanites as your Sex in the City Par-Tea is served...
First up are the savoury dishes, inspired by the city of New York and served on an elegantly tiered stand. We adore the pastrami on rye, the New York bagels served with smoked salmon and cream cheese and the mini 'Jack Berger' burgers (one of Carrie's boyfriends) but our all-out faves are the succulent mini New York hot dogs served with a saucy drizzle of mustard - lipsmackingly delicious.
Time for tea
As members of the prestigious Tea Guild and holder of an 'Award of Excellence', The Churchill knows a thing or two about making a decent cuppa. In fact, it's probably fair to say the tea you'll be drinking with your Par-Tea will be far superior to your average brew, and each has been specially selected and matched to each SATC girl's individual quirks.
For Carrie, there's Organic Silver Needle White Tea - light and delicate with a velvety finish, underpinned by notes of melon and cucumber. For Miranda, try a Darjeeling 2nd Flush - complex, lively and invigorating with an inviting combination of woodland earth and fresh grass.
Consider yourself more of a Charlotte? She gets the Sapphire Earl Grey, charming and bright, with refreshing citrus overtones resulting in a perfectly focused classic. And for Samantha fans there's something altogether more dramatic - the Flower Osmanthus, an eruption of green tea leaves from which unfolds the sensational golden petals of the osmanthus, lending a rich peachy, toasty note to the warmness of the green tea.
Life is sweet
At the sweeter end of things, and still with the girls in mind, a divine selection of pastries and confectionery have been created including glazed doughnuts and pink strawberry cupcakes for Miranda and Charlotte, an appletini jelly in a mini martini glass for Samantha and a dainty chocolate pink stiletto for Carrie. Almost too good to eat - but not quite!
Now, as appealing as an appletini jelly in a mini martini glass undoubtedly is, we're also a bit partial to the real thing when we're treating ourselves, so it's a good job that the whole Par-tea experience is accompanied by an expertly mixed Flirtini cocktail - champagne, vodka and pineapple juice - and with one thing inevitably leading to another, we wouldn't blame you if you headed directly from the Montagu to the hotel's retreat-like Churchill Bar to continue the fun (and even the flirting). An homage to Sir Winston Churchill and his many travels, there's a host of innovative cocktails on the menu.
After a hard day of shopping, lounging and eating, you'll want a plush, cloud-like bed to sink into at night and in one of the Churchill's King rooms, that's exactly what you'll get, along with mini bar, 24 hr room service, soft cotton bathrobes, and a modern bathroom with bath and shower. The perfect end to a delectable day.
Good luck, and remember - if you're not our winner this time, as a Flying Club member you're still able to top up your miles with every stay at a Hyatt property.
Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill is giving you the chance to win a fabulous Sex in the City Par-Tea afternoon tea for four people, plus an overnight stay. The competition starts today and runs for one week only, so see the terms and conditions below for more details.
The Sex and the City Par-Tea includes:
- A selection of savoury dishes incluing pastrami on rye, New York bagels, mini burgers and mini New York hot dogs.
- A selection of pastries including a strawberry-flavoured chocolate pink stiletto, pink strawberry cupcakes and glazed doughnuts.
- An appletini jelly in a mini martini glass
- A selection of fine teas
- A Flirtini cocktail (vodka, champagne, pineapple juice)
The overnight stay for four people consists of:
- Two King or twin rooms plus full English breakfast.
For more information, hotel happenings, ideas for things to do in the surrounding area, and special offers exclusive to Facebook Fans, visit and 'Like' Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill's Facebook page.
How to enter
To be in with a chance of winning this great prize all you have to do is answer this simple question:
On which famous London Square is Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill situated? Clue: the above Facebook page link will help you.
- a) Portman
- b) Berkeley
- c) Trafalgar
To enter, simply email email@example.com with your answer, with the subject line ‘Hyatt Competition’ and include your name and most importantly, a telephone number for us to contact you.
Your entrance into the competition deems acceptance of all the Terms & Conditions below. Please read them carefully and be quick – the competition closes in one week! Good luck!
Terms & Conditions
1. The prize will offer a Sex in the City Par-Tea afternoon tea for four people in the Montagu Restaurant, Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill, followed by an overnight stay on the same day in a maximum of two double or twin rooms.
2. The competition closes at midnight on Tuesday 20th September 2011.
3. The winner will be selected at random and notified by email or phone on Wednesday 21st September 2011.
4. The prize must be taken on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
5. The competition prize is valid from Friday 30th Sept 2011 until Sunday 4th Dec 2011 and booking is subject to availability.
6. Anyone can enter the competition but the winner and their party are responsible for their own travel arrangements to London. Travel costs and arrangements will not be provided by Virgin Atlantic Airways, Hyatt Corporation or any other party.
7. It is assumed that by entering competitions which, if won, could result in time off work, your employer is in agreement to time off.
8. The prize is non-transferable, non-negotiable and no cash alternatives will be offered.
9. Virgin Atlantic reserves the right to substitute the prize for another prize of equal value.
10. No purchase is necessary to enter the competition unless otherwise stated on the promotional activity.
11. By entering the prize draw, the entrant agrees to be bound by the rules and by any other requirements set out in the promotional material accompanying the promotion.
13. By entering the promotion, the winner consents to any publicity generated as a result of the promotion, and its use on websites, magazines or mobile services at any time.
14. This prize draw is open to anyone aged 16 or over, except employees of Virgin Atlantic, the promoter and their immediate families, the promoters’ advertising agency and sales promotion consultancy, and anyone else connected with the creation and administration of the promotion.
15. Cocktails and any other alcoholic drinks will only be served to over 18s.
16. Other than the Sex in the City afternoon tea and breakfast, all over food, beverages and other sundries are the responsibility of the winner and guests.
17. The Sites’ Editors’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
18. Only one entry per person. Spammers will be disqualified.
19. Virgin Atlantic will not accept responsibility for loss through technical fault, incomplete, illegible or other damaged entries. Proof of entry is not automatically proof of receipt.
20. The promotional draw is held by Virgin Atlantic Airways, The Base, Fleming Way, Crawley, RH10 9LX, UK or the promoter, as stated.
21. Details of the winner(s) can be obtained by sending a SAE marked vtravelled.com, Virgin Atlantic Airways, The Base, Fleming Way, Crawley, RH10 9LX, within 21 days of the closing date of the promotion.
22. Where Virgin Atlantic Airways runs a competition with a promoter such that the promoter is responsible for the selection and/or the provision of prizes then Virgin Atlantic Airways shall not be responsible for or have any liability for the provision of such prizes.
23. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.
About the author: MaxineMaxine Sheppard
Maxine is the editor of the Virgin Atlantic blog. Travel and music are her joint first loves, and despite having written for Virgin for more years than she cares to remember she still loves nothing more than jumping on a plane in search of new sights and new sounds.