For a city that can be as wallet-busting as New York, it pays to visit at a traditionally quiet time of year.
During the low season months of January and February, tourism numbers to the city tend to slump a bit so you can often find a number of fantastic deals, including lower hotel room rates plus theatre and restaurant savings across all five boroughs.
For early 2013, the official tourist body NYC & Company have launched the Sample NYC Winter Sale, to encourage travel during the quieter months. During this period, the average daily hotel room rate is approximately $216 - about 24 per cent lower than the average for the rest of the year. These lower hotel rates give you a chance to significantly save on your hotel stay while also benefiting from other ‘Sample NYC Winter Sale’ added-value hotel offers from 2nd January to 28th February 2013.
- As the official NYC Family Ambassadors, the Muppets will continue to encourage family travel through the Muppet Family Fun Hotel Promotion, where more than 30 New York City hotels will provide either a free room-category upgrade, complimentary breakfast for children under 12 or both, which will be packaged with a Muppets gift bag.
- The Signature Collection Third Night promotion offers a third night free at some of the city’s most luxurious hotels after you book and pay for two consecutive nights.
- With Winter Stay Longer and Save, if you book two or more nights from a wide selection of NYC hotels you'll receive one night free or great room-rate savings.
- New York City’s popular, long-running dining event NYC Restaurant Week will return from 14th January to 8th February 2013, offering three course prix-fixe menus at hundreds of restaurants.
- Two-for-one tickets to world-renowned theatrical productions will be available during the fifth iteration of Broadway Week between 22nd January and 7th February 2013.
- Meanwhile Off-Broadway Week returns for the seventh season from 28th January – 10th February 2013, also offering two-for-one tickets.
Restaurant Week reservations open and theatre tickets go on sale on 7th January 2013, so further information on participating restaurants and shows will be announced in due course.
Header photo © NYC and Company
Virgin Atlantic operate six daily direct flights to New York from London Heathrow.
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in.
About the author: MaxineMaxine Sheppard
Maxine is the editor of the Virgin Atlantic blog. Travel and music are her joint first loves, and despite having written for Virgin for more years than she cares to remember she still loves nothing more than jumping on a plane in search of new sights and new sounds.