Saturday 21 April saw the first flight to New York JFK International of our new A330 aircraft 'Miss Sunshine', the first of our fleet of aircraft to feature the new Upper Class Suite.
We've re-engineered and reinvented our Upper Class Suite, creating a fabulous new onboard experience, with a host of great new features including:
- A fabulous new look cabin with a stylish, uplifting interior featuring flashes of our famous red, and Swarovski crystal accents for that touch of Virgin Atlantic sparkle.
- An innovative new mood lighting system, which has been designed alongside architectural lighting experts DHA, changes colour throughout the flight to help passengers relax and unwind, fall asleep and even adjust time zones.
- The suite’s revolutionary new comfort system gives you a more luxurious and comfortable sleep. Plus with a huge 87-inch (220 cm/7 foot two inch) bed surface, the bed is longer than any other airline business class bed.
- Using the same comfort system, the new espresso coloured leather seat is more spacious and comfortable than ever. It has an extra one and a half inch seat width plus it now reclines up to 50 percent more. The new super lounger position is perfect for a snooze on our shorter flights.
- A new window has been built into the wall of each suite, giving you more light and space, but its unique opaque design offers the same levels of privacy our Upper Class Suite is famous for. Each seat has its own aisle access, so you can get in, out, and back in again without treading on anyone's toes.
- Fancy a drink? The futuristic new onboard bar has a changed orientation, it’s separate from the cabin and it has great new spaces to sit and socialise with fellow passengers.
- The bar will feature Virgin Atlantic's new icon coupe glass - perfect for sipping Champagne at 35,000ft.
- The brand new bar - the longest in the sky - stretches 2.5 metres and has space to accommodate eight people.
- Each seat has a 12.1 inch touchscreen monitor with a touchscreen handset, and it’s loaded with Virgin’s new entertainment system called JAM. With the new technology hub, you can connect your smart phone, USB stick or tablet to JAM, watch, read or listen to your own content, plus charge your device. Each suite has also been fitted with a push panel armrest and handy new flip down cocktail table, plus a fully adjustable reading light and much more conveniently located headphone jack.
- You'll be able to keep your laptop powered throughout the flight with our in-seat power supply compatible with most international plug types, plus all of our A330 aircraft have the AeroMobile system installed so you can make and receive calls and send texts from your own mobile phone.
A £100 million investment
Our PlaneView showroom can be accessed at www.virginatlanticplaneview.com.
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in.
About the author: MaxineMaxine Sheppard
Maxine is the editor of the Virgin Atlantic blog. Travel and music are her joint first loves, and despite having written for Virgin for more years than she cares to remember she still loves nothing more than jumping on a plane in search of new sights and new sounds.