- Print this page
- Share page
The Virgin Atlantic Flight Tracker iPhone app is now better than ever, providing useful information about Flight Status, Flying Club accounts and now including Check-in too.
Our fantastic little video starring the ever-brilliant Alex MacQueen of The Thick of It and The Inbetweeners fame, gives a brief and ever-so-slightly twisted taster of how the Flight Tracker app works...
Download Virgin Atlantic's Flight tracker from iTunes and you'll be able to do all of this:
- Interact with a spinnable, zoomable globe showing (near) real-time location of our aircraft. Just tap on a plane to get actual or forecasted arrival and departure info, or view an approximate flight path of the aircraft. If you have version 3 or above of the iPhone operating system you'll also be able to set landing alerts.
- Tap on an airport to see live flight schedules, which are always up to date. For most destinations you'll also be able to watch one of our own vtravelled video destination guides.
- Check-in and select your seat. This feature is available on all the routes where online check-in is valid.
- Check your Flying Club tier points and last five transactions.
- While away some time onboard with a couple of simple games involving finding Richard, and directing Richard's hot air balloon between our airports.
If you're offline, the app will store flight and Flying Club information so you can still see the details. And don't forget to use the feedback function in the app to let us know what you would like to see next.
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in.
About the author: MaxineMaxine Sheppard
Maxine is the editor of the Virgin Atlantic blog. Travel and music are her joint first loves, and despite having written for Virgin for more years than she cares to remember she still loves nothing more than jumping on a plane in search of new sights and new sounds.